AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread

Thread: 'Silent Hill' comics?

Junior Member ExistentialityFit is on a distinguished road ExistentialityFit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2006 03:19 AM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default 'Silent Hill' comics?

A while back I got addicted to the DDRish minigame on konami's site, so I visit there occasionally (my score still sucks)... Anyway, I ended up messing around there and found mention of a 'Silent Hill' game for PSP which mentioned 'interactive comic books' based on a series that was written for it...

I was just surprised to see that a comic book (it's actually mangaish style, though too americanized and bloody for me) would be made from a videogame instead of the other way around (which there are lots of examples for, like the batman games, x-men games, etc...)

Is this a common sort of thing? Or am I just out of the loop?

SPQR Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat has a reputation beyond repute Sagat's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-04-2009 08:57 PM
    Threads

I dunno how common it is..well Street Fighter has a more modern manga after it, think KoF does now too...

Bah, either way the SH manga was terrible.

Junior Member ExistentialityFit is on a distinguished road ExistentialityFit's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    09-24-2006 03:19 AM
    Threads

Bah, either way the SH manga was terrible.
    Aye, I didn't exactly have high expectations for it (U.S. comics are generally not that great imo, though atm i'm having fun with one of the x-men series, so I suppose I shouldn't be the one to talk on that subject), it was just interesting that they'd try something like this. Ah well.

Nyech was here ♥ ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf has a reputation beyond repute ShadowtheWarWolf's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-14-2009 11:18 PM
    Threads

I don't know. It's probably pretty common though.
    Childhood Dreams are..Doodles that will never go away.
    If they can continue to be drawn..they will lead to the future you wish for.
    "Shadows are without form....thus without weakness..."

The Enforcer of the Shadow Fangs...
    [Dawnrune:Siggy Warrior5theElement:Avatar]

boopaloop! Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys has a reputation beyond repute Daenerys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-19-2013 11:08 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

Yeah, it was god awful. It's just something they tried to do to make money, and comics on a scary videogame didn't cut it.
    making emo kids[/URL] cry since 1998

Member psychooys is on a distinguished road psychooys's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    04-10-2007 05:59 PM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Princess Ai
    Yeah, it was god awful. It's just something they tried to do to make money, and comics on a scary videogame didn't cut it.
    I totally disagree, i think the Silent Hill comics are rather good in actuallity. It is really easy to diss something that you know nothing about... but i read a few of the comics and i gotta say i liked the artwork and they are pretty freaky. the silent hill experience looks pretty cool to me.
    BASILISK

Member fatella will become famous soon enough fatella's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    08-01-2014 07:33 AM
    Threads

Actually, I bought the Silent Hill Experience because it has both of the comic book series ("The Hunger" and "Dying Inside") on it and it was cheaper to pay 19.99 for the PSP thingy than to order all of the comics. It's pretty good, if you're into Silent Hill, it's got lots of extras on it. Anyway, I think that it's a great mix, instead of carrying around books w/ me I can look at it all on my PSP, I hope they do stuff like this more often.

Closed Thread

Thread Information