AnimeGalleries [dot] NetAnimeWallpapers [dot] ComAnimeLyrics [dot] ComAnimePedia [dot] ComAnimeGlobe [dot] Com

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: go ff8

Senior Member Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667 is a splendid one to behold Swamy667's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-28-2006 01:34 PM
    User Info Thanks / Tagging Info Gifts / Achievements / Awards vBActivity Stats
    Threads

Default go ff8

ff8 rocks and kicks ... can i say that word???

Junior Member MsRinoa is on a distinguished road MsRinoa's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-02-2005 07:36 PM
    Threads

Wink Ff8

No.. you can't say that word. o__o;;

Anywho, Final Fantasy 8 is one of my favorites. ^^; It's a really good game and I enjoy playing it.

Rinoa
    +.: I wrote your name in the Sand, but the waves washed it away:.+
    +.: I wrote your name in my heart, and forever and for always it will stay:.+

Ignorant by Default ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin is just really nice ThatBurnyFeelin's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    07-19-2013 06:57 PM
    Threads
    Blog Entries

I love ff8.

Stronger Beyond Belief Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007 has a reputation beyond repute Marie2007's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-06-2008 08:36 PM
    Threads

I love ff8 it is my fave of the entire ff series
    Sometimes The Minute You Give Up On Everything Somebody Shows Up And Cheers You Up Right Before Your Very Eyes It Happened To Me And He Knows Who He Is I Hope.

Senior Member SeijouOmni will become famous soon enough SeijouOmni's Avatar
    Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    03-02-2009 06:05 AM
    Threads

I actually thought 8 was one of the weakest of the series. Great graphics for the time, yeah, but the story was kinda weak as a whole...Seifer was a good leader, and didn't do anything more wrong than any other member of the team but he gets kicked out, They all knew each other as kids but forgot, Ultimecia, the last boss, is only vaguely mentioned until the end of the game and then she's the most important thing in the world. And the only character I found likable was Irvine...
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

God of Death and Decay Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh Giglamesh's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-23-2006 12:16 AM
    Threads

Default i agree

Quote Originally Posted by SeijouOmni
    I actually thought 8 was one of the weakest of the series. Great graphics for the time, yeah, but the story was kinda weak as a whole...Seifer was a good leader, and didn't do anything more wrong than any other member of the team but he gets kicked out, They all knew each other as kids but forgot, Ultimecia, the last boss, is only vaguely mentioned until the end of the game and then she's the most important thing in the world. And the only character I found likable was Irvine...
    i agree... the only thing FF8 had was The graphics and thats it......my fave FF is FF3...lol
    ^done by Nespa^

Senior Member supermodel can only hope to improve supermodel's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-11-2005 08:00 AM
    Threads

cool and yet also a bit disappointing i mean you get 100 of everything in the game and it all goes uphill

The Devil

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    05-07-2014 03:57 AM
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Gamertag: CloudStrifee PSN ID: MistaCloudStrife

I never thought it lagged anything...
    You have to put everything together...

It's basically a love story...

Laguna has a crush on Julia... You can tell they would have really gotten together but the war seperated them and Julia ended up with General Callaway... And Laguna ended up injured and was found by Raine... She took care of him in Winhill for a long time... They lived together along with Ellone... And even had a baby named "Squall"..> And in the meantime Callaway and Julia had a daughter named "Rinoa"....

So when you think about it... Its like "Squall" and "Rinoa" kind of completed the relationship of thier parents...

Yeah... It's alot more complicated then you may realise if you really think about it...

__________________________________________________ ____

And I kind of liked the junctioning system... I really hated it compared to the materia system back when i first startedplaying it... But around the second or third time playing the game over I started liking it...

And Zells limit break kind of reminded me of Sabin's moves... Semi old-school is always good...

Creator Of Dreams Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears has a reputation beyond repute Devilstears's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 02:48 PM
    Threads

eh...
    I played it for 10 minutes and got sick of it, and all I hear about it is that it sucks badly.

~Made by Gandizzl~

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife
    I never thought it lagged anything...
    You have to put everything together...

It's basically a love story...

Laguna has a crush on Julia... You can tell they would have really gotten together but the war seperated them and Julia ended up with General Callaway... And Laguna ended up injured and was found by Raine... She took care of him in Winhill for a long time... They lived together along with Ellone... And even had a baby named "Squall"..> And in the meantime Callaway and Julia had a daughter named "Rinoa"....

So when you think about it... Its like "Squall" and "Rinoa" kind of completed the relationship of thier parents...

Yeah... It's alot more complicated then you may realise if you really think about it...
    What a poorly written love story. The actual level of romance shown between the characters is almost minimal. All of a sudden at some point they're just in love. I flirt more with people I don't even like than Squall and Rinoa did. Hell...I talk to people I don't like more than they ever spoke to one another. I don't buy the whole "suddenly and completely in love" bit. I've never seen a relationship just poof into existence in real life, and if i didn't buy it in Romeo & Juliet, I'm certainly not going to condone SQUARE doing it.
    Well, I just don't want to be a part of something I don't approve of anymore, and haven't approved of in a long, long time.

Missing In Action! MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife has a reputation beyond repute MistaCloudStrife's Avatar
    Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

What a poorly written love story. The actual level of romance shown between the characters is almost minimal. All of a sudden at some point they're just in love. I flirt more with people I don't even like than Squall and Rinoa did. Hell...I talk to people I don't like more than they ever spoke to one another. I don't buy the whole "suddenly and completely in love" bit. I've never seen a relationship just poof into existence in real life, and if i didn't buy it in Romeo & Juliet, I'm certainly not going to condone SQUARE doing it.
    I thought they did quite well with 50 hours of gameplay... And remember... Within the 50 hours most of it is leveling up and other stuff unrelated to thier love stories... And also... It was TWO love stories... Laguna and Squalls... So yeah... I would say they did a good job with that time frame...

In that short amount of time you get this...

Rinoa dances with Squall...
    Squall shows a slight interest in Rinoa...
    Rinoa is with Seifer...
    Quistis likes Squall...
    Squall rejects Quistis...
    Squall sees Rinoa a second time...
    Rinoa is broken up with Seifer...
    Squall helps Rinoa with her mission...
    Rinoa shows interest in Squall...
    Rinoa gets Squalls ring to duplicate...
    Rinoa is in trouble...
    Squall saves her...
    Rinoa is taken away...
    Squall saves her again...
    Rinoa is in space...
    Squall goes in space for her...
    Rinoa gets to know Squall more...
    Squall is more open toward Rinoa...
    Rinoa makes the flower field promise with Squall...
    Rinoa can't be found...
    Squall is confused and weak...
    Squall faints...
    Rinoa comes for Squall...
    The flower field appears before them...
    Rinoa makes Squall smile for the first time...

And I'm sure I missed some of the smaller parts too...

And then theres Laguna's love story...

Yeah... Anyways... I think they did good.

Gil
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I would find the list much more impressive, but most of the actions on Squall's part, and some of the things with Rinoa, could have more than one motive, not just beign in love. Squall rejecting Quistis doesn't mean he likes Rinoa, and at any given time...saving another member of your party doesn't strike me as love...it's doing the right thing. As was helping her with her mission. To me, most of the game was Rinoa having a schoolyard crush on Squall, Squall being disinterested and boring as a character, then at the end they actually start to do the kinds of things that ACTUALLY show they like each other.

boopaloop! Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111 has a reputation beyond repute Faceless111's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    06-05-2010 07:24 PM
    Threads

FF7 pwns 8

Why is 6 afraid of 7? Because 7 ate 9. get it? I'm genius.

face·less –adjective 2.lacking personal distinction or identity

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

I would find the list much more impressive, but most of the actions on Squall's part, and some of the things with Rinoa, could have more than one motive, not just beign in love. Squall rejecting Quistis doesn't mean he likes Rinoa, and at any given time...saving another member of your party doesn't strike me as love...it's doing the right thing. As was helping her with her mission. To me, most of the game was Rinoa having a schoolyard crush on Squall, Squall being disinterested and boring as a character, then at the end they actually start to do the kinds of things that ACTUALLY show they like each other.
    I'm thinking about this as a love story... Squall rejecting Quistis doesn't have to do with Rinoa but it does have something to do with the love story as a whole... It makes it seem that Squall is the kind that doesn't want/need a girlfriend... Which makes it seem hard to get with him...But rinoa does it in the end, which makes it seem like she did something nobody else could do....(Or at least Quistis couldn't do...haha)

And Squall saving Rinoa...This actually does play a big part in teh love story... Of course being saved by someone would increase your bond with him/her at least by a little... And if you pay attention... Each time Squall went to save her his feelings would show more each time... You could tell each time he left to save her his feelings for her were stronger each time... It shows how his feelings build up for her and all that stuff...

And of by the time they are in outerspace(Squall saves her yet again) you get the feeling that they both feel the same way about each other... You see Squall and Rinoa's rings on chain and Squall is suprised and blah blah.... Then they have that nice talk in the Ragnorok about how Squall's been missing out on alot of important things in life... And how Rinoa's gonna change that... And then "Eyes on Me" plays... And yeah... All that muchy stuff...

Hopefully some of this will help you understand thier love story... ^_~ I would explain Laguna, Julia and Raine's story too but I'm kindof lazy right now... But I think it's safe to say that Laguna's story is WAAAY more complex than Squall's.... And IMO it's more interesting... Mainly because I thought Laguna was awesome...

Victim of The Matchmaker Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818 has a reputation beyond repute Saiyanbabe1818's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-20-2006 06:18 PM
    Threads

FF8 fricken Rocks!!!!!

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-13-2007 03:33 PM
    Threads

Ahh.....final fantasy 8 a love story with no love, and a stupid plot in general. HELP THE MOON MONSTERS ARE ATTACKING! What a dumb game.

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Tyranus
    Ahh.....final fantasy 8 a love story with no love, and a stupid plot in general. HELP THE MOON MONSTERS ARE ATTACKING! What a dumb game.
    Dude... You know what I think? I think you must really like Final Fantasy secretly, because you go into alot of Final Fantasy threads and try to put it down...

Similar to a little boy who has a crush on a girl but hes too immature to realise it, and ends up teasing her...

It's alright... One day you'll realise it...

And the love story was good imo... Better than alot of other RPG love stories... =P (Oh and better than Anakin and Padme's love story... Haha)

But I do agree with that "Monsters on the moon" scene... o.O'

Senior Member -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman- has a reputation beyond repute -Batman-'s Avatar
    Gil
    My Mood
    Brooding
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-07-2011 04:41 AM
    Threads
    Blog Entries
    AW Wallpapers

Anakin and Padme' had a solid love story. And FF8 did suck, but not because of the story...oh no...

the enemies LEVEL UP WITH YOU, making leveling up POINTLESS, because 90% of the baddies in the game level up with you (Even bosses)

And when you think about it, the story wasn't the best, BUT it's a LOT better than the gameplay.

Child of the atom Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus has a reputation beyond repute Darth Tyranus's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by MistaCloudStrife
    Dude... You know what I think? I think you must really like Final Fantasy secretly, because you go into alot of Final Fantasy threads and try to put it down...

Similar to a little boy who has a crush on a girl but hes too immature to realise it, and ends up teasing her...

It's alright... One day you'll realise it...

And the love story was good imo... Better than alot of other RPG love stories... =P (Oh and better than Anakin and Padme's love story... Haha)

But I do agree with that "Monsters on the moon" scene... o.O'
    Final fanatsy sucks? Fan boy circuits can not compute. He must secretly love the game it is the only explanation! Every one loves final fantasy it's so kawaii.

Ok mista rap your head around this...reading? Ok good NOT EVERY ONE LIKES FINAL FANATSY!

And as horrible as the Anikan Padime love story turned out at least it seemed like they loved each other. Squal and Rinoa just have a few conversations and BAM they are totally in love out of nowhere.

Archmage Flaming_Sword is on a distinguished road Flaming_Sword's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    02-01-2006 09:23 AM
    Threads

Smile

I have to agree with MistaCloudStrife, you do go into a ton of FF threads just to try and put FF down. We get that you don't like the game series so shut it so that people can actually enjoy the threads about the stuff they like instead of having to put up with your posts.
    "Death Is But The Next Step"

"Live Or Die It's All The Same To Me"

"Evil, Fear and Anger Only Make Me Stronger!"

(\_/)
    ( 0 .o)
    (> < )
    "Add bunny to signature
    to aid him on his way to
    world domination!!! "

Träumer Kiatro is a jewel in the rough Kiatro is a jewel in the rough Kiatro is a jewel in the rough Kiatro's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    10-31-2005 11:02 AM
    Threads

Quote Originally Posted by Flaming_Sword
    I have to agree with MistaCloudStrife, you do go into a ton of FF threads just to try and put FF down. We get that you don't like the game series so shut it so that people can actually enjoy the threads about the stuff they like instead of having to put up with your posts.
    Eh, isn't this a discussion? It wouldn't be very productive to just sit and mindlessly praise the game, would it?

As for my two-cents:

As Darth said, the romance part seemed rushed. My first FF was VII, then III, then VIII, now by that time, I was getting bored of the standard turn-based gameplay. Though I must say, I thought the music was top-notch. ^_^

propery of SamuraiGirl13 Raimego will become famous soon enough Raimego will become famous soon enough Raimego's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    01-03-2006 04:51 PM
    Threads

ff8 is awsome, but it doesn't compare to the dramatic story of ff7.
    Be cool!

Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads

I thought the music was top-notch.
    For the most part the music has always been fantastic, i have never had any complaints about that. But the games have problems, and big ones at that.

National Alchemist Kisho will become famous soon enough Kisho's Avatar
    Gil
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    11-10-2005 04:54 PM
    Threads

ff8 is amazing

It's story drew me in, the only other FF game to come close to that level was ff7. Well, ff7 blew ff8 out of the water in that category.

I guess im biased because im a gamer who relies heavily on the story. I play for cutscenes, not for "gameplay".

We're all the same...

Gil
    Sneaky
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latest Post
    Threads
    AW Wallpapers
    Gamer IDs

Quote Originally Posted by Redfield22
    Anakin and Padme' had a solid love story. And FF8 did suck, but not because of the story...oh no...

the enemies LEVEL UP WITH YOU, making leveling up POINTLESS, because 90% of the baddies in the game level up with you (Even bosses)

And when you think about it, the story wasn't the best, BUT it's a LOT better than the gameplay.
    The enemy levels up but its stat% compared to yours is competely different... Go back and fight a Fasticolan back in the Balamb area when you're level 100 and you beat it in one hit whereas at the beginning of the game it takes more than one... Yet they're on the same level as you the entire time... Why's this??? Stat% is still less...

That, and for more advantages over the enemy theres the Juctioning system... This puts you way above most of the enemies, with teh exception of the enemies from the islands closest to hell and heaven...(Mostly hell)...

And Anakin and Padme... This is what I remember from Eps1-3

Anakin: I'm a kid with a crush. O.O
    Anakin: Oh I love you so much, lets get hitched. <3<3<3
    Anakin: I'm choking you with my mind. >=)

Very nice love story indeed...

Closed Thread

Thread Information